Tofu Lentil Penne Stew
- cup yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp ground chili powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp fenugreek leaves
- tsp salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 14 oz firm tofu, cubed
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cup cooked flageolet beans
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, plus juice
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped, mixed with 2 tablespoons chile oil and 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 4 oz Explore Cuisine Red Lentil Pasta
- 4 oz Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Pasta
- 8 oz fresh spinach leaves, stemmed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1. To make the spice paste, in a food processor combine onion, garlic, ginger, chili powder, coriander, turmeric, cumin, fenugreek and salt, pulsing until combined but still coarse.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat add avocado oil and when just smoldering, add paste stirring until lightly browned and fragrant about 5 minutes.
- 3. To the paste, add tofu and tomato paste and stirring until well combined. Add beans, canned tomatoes plus juice, vegetable stock, ¼ cup peanut mixture and bring to boil. Add pasta and reduce heat to low and cook until pasta is al dente about 5 minutes. Add spinach and lemon juice cooking just until spinach wilts. Divide stew into 6 bowls and sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture, cilantro, scallions and red chili.