Red Lentil Risoni Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 15 yield(s)
Cook Time: 15 mins
- box EXPLORE Organic Chickpea Risoni or Red Lentil Risoni
- 2 cup gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- tsp cinnamon
- tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 small or ½ large ripe banana
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the risoni until very soft (not al dente) about 15 minutes, then drain and cool. When cool enough to handle, remove 2 cups of the cooked risoni and save the rest for another use.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked risoni, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl, mash the banana and whisk in the melted coconut oil, syrup and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips, coconut and sesame seed and combine well.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough into small balls and place a few inched apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until brown.