Pistachio Pesto Fusilli
Servings: 4 yield(s)
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- box Explore Cuisine Fava Bean Fusilli
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- To taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pasta pot filled with water to a boil. Season with salt, cook Explore Cuisine’s Fava Bean Fusilli according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and set aside pasta until ready to use.
- Using a mortar and pestle, add the pistachios, basil, and garlic. Smash until the oils release and it becomes a paste, about 3 minutes. Slowly drizzle in the oil until pesto comes together, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon zest, season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked Explore Cuisine’s Fusilli to bowl of pesto. Stir until evenly coated. Use reserved pasta water to loosen sauce if needed. Serve immediately.