Yields: 4 Servings Cook Time: 10 Mins
- In a large pot, add water, kombu and dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Cover and soak overnight. (If you do not have time, soak for as long as you can before building broth).
- Bring a large pasta pot of water to a boil. Add Brown Rice Pad Thai noodles, cook according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water. For Dashi:
- For Dashi: Place the pot of kombu water onto the stove. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove kombu and shiitake mushrooms.
- Add the bonita flakes, bring to a simmer for about 60 seconds.
- Drain and reserve dashi. Add dashi back to saucepot.
- Add mirin, soy and sugar. To Serve:
- To server: Place noodles into a bowl. Pour over warm dashi.
- Top each bowl with scallions, sesame seeds, cilantro and rehydrated seaweed.
Cooking Tip: Rinse under cold water after draining to stop the cooking.