Yields: 4 Servings Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
- Add olive oil to a large Dutch oven over medium heatl. Once glistening, add onion, fennel and celery. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Season.
- Add red pepper flakes, fresh oregano and squid. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir to coat.
- Deglaze with white wine. Allow to reduce by ½.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, seafood stock, parsley, juice of 1 lemon, shrimp, mussels, halibut and risoni. Stir and cover.
- Cook until all seafood has opened and is cooked.
- Toasted bread: Preheat oven to broil. Add sliced bread to sheet tray. Drizzle each slice with olive oil. Broil until golden. Remove and immediately rub with garlic. Season with salt.
- Serve with toasted bread
Cooking Tip: Rinse under cold water after draining to stop the cooking.